Red velvet pancakes are the perfect way to bring a sweet, unique breakfast treat to the holiday season. My daughter and I experimented with several different recipes, but this one was the winner, hands down. The best part? You only need a few ingredients, making it the perfect sweet breakfast to make in a vacation rental.
- 2 cups red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 1 egg
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese frosting
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix milk and egg in a large mixing bowl. Slowly add cake mix and flour, stirring to combine.
- Spray a skillet or griddle with non-stick spray and pour pancake mix into pan (each pancake should be 3-4 inches in diameter).
- Flip pancakes when they begin to bubble and the underside is fully cooked. Once cooked, remove them from the heat and set them aside.
- Mix powdered sugar, water, and vanilla extract in a new bowl to create the topping. Add cream cheese frosting and beat for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle topping over pancakes and sprinkle powdered sugar on top to taste.