When you spend the entire day at the beach, the sun really takes it out of you – which makes it even more difficult to muster the energy to cook an evening meal. That’s where the Crock Pot comes in handy – we have a family slow-cooker recipe created by my sister-in-law, Barb, for pulled chicken sandwiches, and we would like to share it with you!
Before you hit the beach, toss these ingredients in the Crock Pot and by the time you come in at the end of the day, your pulled chicken sandwiches will practically be assemble-and-serve!
- 6 Frozen, Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 (12-ounce) Bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Hamburger Buns
- Place the frozen chicken inside the Crock Pot before turning on the heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. For a faster meal, cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the Crock Pot and shred with two forks. Place back in Crock Pot with heat off to serve on toasted buns.